So I've been thinking recently that there are lots of things we have to do that are just a waste of time. So I've come up with a list of ten things I wish could be invented so I do not have to do it:
- Sonic shower. They have them in star wars and star trek, they are faster, less messy and you do not need to dry yourself. I know showers with water can be nice, but unless you have a power shower it just is not worth the time.
- Sleep machine. This is not to say I do not like sleeping, but when you have had three bad nights of sleep in a row you get kind of ratty. Wouldn't it be nice if you could get on a machine for 5 minutes or so and be fully refreshed as if you had a full nights sleep? If Judge Dredd can have one, why not me?
- Transporter. My brother lives in San Francisco and sometimes I would like to be able to come home from work (in the UK) and go and have lunch with him (lunch for him, dinner for me). Oh, not to mention it would nice to not have a 30 minute commute to work. Star Trek has them and I want them. Oh, and please don't tell me it is "scientifically impossible" I don't care. I still want one.
- Food Replicator. As I have mentioned before cooking for one is a nightmere. Another idea from Star Trek (I'm spotting an unintended theme here).
- Domestic Robots. I hate washing, cleaning ironing and tidying. I know I am not alone in this, so lets have some bipedal robot that can do it all for us, and please lets not have ones that decide to take over the world like in the movie I, Robot.
Living in hope.