I've been back from my holida for a week now, so it is time to do the obligatory post holiday blog post including photos. First off a brief summary of what I did:
- Spent four days attending an OSGi alliance face to face in Palo Alto. Technically not vacation, but I did it and it was a lot of fun.
- Went to the Japanese Tea Garden in Golden Gate Park. This is free if you enter between 9-10am Monday, Wednesday and Friday and it is really peaceful. I would definatly go again.
- Went to San Francisco Zoo. This only cost $15, which is much cheaper than Marwell Zoo (my local zoo), but was much smaller, and the animals all seemed very bored and the cages seemed small. I would not go back.
- Went to Vancouver to visit my friends Tim and Steph. Incidentally they took me to a restaurant called Naam which was really good, they had vegan and vegetarian food, but I would not suggest going for the burgers.
- Visited the Vancouver Aquarium, which was great. I got to see some dolphins, which I have always wanted to see. They had been caught up in fishing nets and could not be released into the wild.
- Went to Los Angeles, and got a tour of Universal Studios.
So holiday is over and I'm back to work now. I've finally caught up on email (over 500 in the one week I hadn't checked email) although I had to spend time at the weekend catching up.
And finally some links to photos:
|San Francisco 2009|
There are a few I really like, ones which I would have entered for the Hursley Photo competition, if the submission date hadn't been the day I got home from my holiday.
A particular favourate is this one:
I just need to plan my next holiday now.